Registering a username and vhost
Registering a nickname and vhost is essential for proper and continued use of the network. Registering a username allows one to verify their identity, hide their cloaked host, and register channels. This guide will go over the steps necessary to do so on this network.
- First, join the network.
- Run the command /msg nickserv register <password> <email>
- You are now registered. Remember your password, because in the future, to login, you must enter: /msg nickserv identify <password> - it is required to run this command every time you connect to the server, or you can make your IRC client do it automatically. (Research: autoident)
- To get a custom vhost, which is encouraged, run: /msg hostserv request my.vhost.here
- A vhost must have at least 2 parts, seperated by a dot. but it can have as many as 6. If you want to put your own website as your hostname, you may do so.
- After your vhost gets accepted, simply type /msg hostserv on and it will be applied to your account, every time you login.